This Policy describes the types of data we may collect from you or that you may provide and describes our policies and practices for collecting, using, protecting, and disclosing that data.
This Policy may change from time to time, so check the Policy periodically for the most current version.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information.
We collect information that you give us by filling in forms on our site, such as the contact form.
When you visit our websites, we automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating systems and platforms.
- Information about your visit to the site, including the uniform resource locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits on certain pages, referral sources, page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We collect and use your information by using cookies on our site – please see below for more information about cookies.
We do NOT store, share or sell personally identifiable information from individuals. This means we do not require you to provide information to us in order to view our website.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, laptop and/or mobile device, that contain details of your browsing history on the website and distinguish you from other users. They are widely used and help to provide you with relevant and personalised content and advertising, and help make websites work more efficiently. Your browser sends cookies back to the website every time you visit, so it can recognise you and can tailor what you see on the screen.
You can find out more about cookies at allaboutcookies.org
TYPES OF COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
“Cookies” make your Web-surfing experience easier by performing certain usage and record-keeping functions such as saving your passwords or your personal preferences regarding your use of a Web site and to make sure that, for example, you don’t see the same ad repeatedly. Cookies are generally considered to be an industry standard.
- Essential / necessary cookies – some cookies are essential so you can move around the website(s) and use its features, including for example account login and saving incomplete webforms. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remember where you’ve been on the internet.
- Functionality cookies – these remember choices you make to improve your online experience, such as recently viewed pages, and enabling social media components, like Facebook and Twitter.
- Performance cookies (for analytics) – these cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. They keep track of what pages and links are popular and are performing well so we can make improvements and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications. As a charity, we need to make sure our charitable funds are spent in the most efficient and therefore effective way possible.
- Third party cookies – we also use some tools on our pages from social networks, such as Twitter and Facebook. They also set cookies on our website(s) on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. These cookies are placed on our website, and may collect information about your online behavior, such as your IP address and the website you arrived from
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
contacting the crown council
The Crown Council of Ethiopia
PO Box 320608
Alexandria, VA 22320
If you have requests or questions about your personal data or data collection in general, please send us a message.